ACT San Antonio is a state approved alternative certification program headquartered in San Antonio, Texas. ACT’s streamlined and affordable teacher certification program provides everything you need to quickly begin your career in education and become a certified teacher in Texas. ACT San Antonio is dedicated to providing the most effective and streamlined path to becoming a certified teacher in Texas. All of our ACT staff have experience as educators and understand the Texas education system in depth, as well as have connections and a good working relationship with local school districts and administrators. Our dedication to education drives us to continually provide the very best to our candidates looking to become certified teachers in Texas through an alternative certification teaching program.
- Everyone in our office is a certified teacher, administrator, or has been an instructional assistant or substitute teacher. We feel that a program must really know the education system before it can prepare successful teachers. (other programs are run by people that have never been in a classroom)
- The majority of our training is done face-to- face, in small groups (22:1) by actual classroom teachers according to your certification area (Other programs save money by training in large groups 200:1)
- Our training program is specific to your certification area
- Our curriculum is NCLB approved and guaranteed to be in alignment with the educator standards.
- Each candidate will be assigned a Field Supervisor that is available to them round the clock. (other programs have "coaches" or "advisors" that only show up once or twice a year to offer guidance)
- All of our Field Supervisors are certified classroom teachers - totaling 650+ years of experience in the classroom and TTESS trained. Each candidate will receive a guaranteed minimum of 6 classroom visits and meet monthly with a small cohort (10:1) for on-going professional development and support throughout the first year.
- Because our Field Supervisors spend so much time on your campus, ACT has been proactive and completed a background check on each of our Field Supervisors to be in compliance with SB 9.
- ACT offers review sessions and tutorials for TExES exams tests at no additional charge to our candidates. In the 2014-15 school year, ACT candidates had a 99% pass rate on the PPR exam. (Other program set candidates up for tests for which they are not qualified - causing candidates to spend excessive money on exams. They also charge for reviews and materials.)